Volunteer with Special Olympics BC in Kamloops on Friday, February 3rd
Special Smiles Screening. Full or part day options available.
Special Smiles provides comprehensive oral health care information to participating Special Olympics British Columbia athletes and local community members with intellectual disabilities.
Date: Friday, February 3
Time: 1:30 to 9 p.m. (part-day or full-day options available)
Who: Dentist, Dental Hygienists, CDA, General Volunteers
What we do: (depending on licensing, skill, and desire!)
- Smile and greet athletes
- Help complete paperwork, hold a flashlight at screening
- Provide oral screening to collect data to drive health initiatives
- Provide oral health information
- Review home care instruction
- Set up and break down tables and chairs
- Provide stickers and fill in raffle tickets for athletes to win oral health products
- Fit sports guards
- Apply fluoride varnish
Health professionals who volunteer with Special Olympics Healthy Athletes call it a rewarding and heart-expanding experience!
To sign up or learn more, please contact: email@example.com