Formed in 1964, the BCDHA represents over 4000 member dental hygienists across the province. The BCDHA is dedicated to the principle that all British Columbians should have access to the quality preventative oral health services dental hygienists provide. BCDHA collaborates with government, the provincial dental hygiene regulatory body and clients to effectively serve members and the public.
Dental hygienists who are members of the BCDHA enjoy a range of member benefits and services, including continuing education, advocacy, promotion of the profession, support services, and information on employment issues and guidelines.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Your Professional Negligence Insurance as required by the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia
- Subscription to the BCDHA OUTLOOK newsletter
- Information on Self-Employment and Alternative Practice
- National and local forums and conferences
- Inclusion in important Canadian Dental Hygienists’ Association Programs
- Member discounts