- Your Oral Health
- Tips for Parents
- Gum Disease and Your Health
- Reduced Cost Clinics
Your baby may show some of the following signs when they are teething:
- red cheeks or rash on cheeks
- increased saliva/drooling
- loss of appetite
Teething does not cause fever. If your child has fever or diarrhea when teething, treat it as you would at any other time.
Helping your child with teething trouble:
- Let your child chew on a cold, hard object, such as a clean chilled teething ring or wet face cloth.
- Massage your child’s gums with a clean finger can help reduce pain and discomfort during teething.
- Check with a health professional before using teething gels, ointments or teething tablets.
Teething cookies or biscuits that contain sugar are not a good choice as they contribute to tooth decay.
Talk to your dentist or dental hygienist for advise on teething.