Join the BCDHA Board or Directors and help advance the dental hygiene profession in British Columbia!
In anticipation of changes to our existing Bylaws BCDHA is seeking three new directors for a three year term as follows.
Please click the links below to view and fill out the Nomination Forms.
The Greater Vancouver and Northern BC Directors must currently work in their respective geographic area and will be voted on by only those who have registered with the College/Association within that region.
The Director at Large can work anywhere in the province of British Columbia and will be voted on by the entire membership.
Nominations must be received by 11:59 pm on April 8, 2022.
About the BCDHA Board
- BCDHA Directors attend four two-day meetings per year that are usually held in September, December, February and May. Some meetings are held virtually, others are face-to-face (usually in the Lower Mainland).
- Board Directors receive a daily honorarium of $350 for their participation in Board meetings, in addition to any expenses incurred.
- Interested candidates must be full or life members of BCDHA and must submit a completed nomination form.
- Any full or life member in good standing that lives or works in the identified regions for which an election is being held, may nominate him/herself or another full or life member (also from that region). Any full or life member in good standing may accept the nomination. All nominees must agree, in writing, to let their name stand for election.
- Represents dental hygiene leadership provincially and nationally.
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens the link between the Association and the members.
- Produces written governing policies.
- Assures successful Executive Director Performance.
- Develops Position Statements that publicly express the Association’s views on relevant issues.
- Meets with government, partners and stakeholders as needed.
- Determines the recipients of BCDHA’s key awards.
- Determines Board appointments to external bodies and committees.
- Determines fees for Dental Hygiene Services Guide.
- Fulfills its ‘Bylaw’ requirements by
- Producing the AGM,
- Reviewing and approving annual membership dues,
- Ensuring Board succession
- Updating Bylaws as needed