- This event has passed.
BCDHA: Soft Tissue Diode Laser Certification with Ramona Bains, RDH
June 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$495.00
Soft Tissue Diode Laser Certification for BC RDH’s
CE Hours: 7
Saturday, June 25th – 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM PDT
900 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, V7P 3T8
Here is your opportunity to learn, experience and be certified in the use of the soft tissue diode laser!
As the profession of dental hygiene evolves, so does the technology that we employ. Discover how the assistance of a specific laser can provide the ultimate in client care and comfort, treatment outcome and become the “instrument of choice” to complement debridement. An overview of ‘physics 101’ will be covered to assist in determining the most efficacious laser selection for various treatments.
The integration of the laser into non-surgical periodontal therapy and specifically laser bacterial reduction will be supported by compelling evidence. An introduction to the latest, innovative and affordable soft tissue diode lasers for immediate integration into dental hygiene practice will be highlighted. Learn the science, experience the laser and witness the opportunity that awaits to transform your practice today.
Upon completion of the course the participant will;
- Possess an understanding of laser physics and tissue interaction
- Elevate knowledge of science and evidence behind laser use in dental hygiene therapy
- Understand the proper settings and safety of laser use
- Understand the integration of the laser into the dental hygiene appointment
- Review the regulatory body stance related to use of lasers
- Discuss codes and billing for dental hygienists reflecting the services performed
- Introduction of lasers to your dental clients and responses to FAQ
- Be certified in the use of the soft tissue diode laser having completed both a didactic and clinical training program
- Course handouts
- Hands-on clinical application of laser bacterial reduction
- Set-up instruction, settings and laser safety
- Final test & self-assessment
- Client introductory letter to lasers
- Certificate of completion
Suggested Goal Statements:
1. Explore the evidence supporting laser integration into my dental hygiene practice
2. Identify how the diode laser may be introduced into my dental hygiene practice within my scope of practice